Inaugural Southern California Genitourinary Cancer Research Forum OVERVIEW
A formalized process/platform does not exist for clinicians to share clinical trial portfolios amongst various institutions within specific regions. In addition, there is no systematic means for updating providers regarding
advances in genitourinary cancers, which may positively affect patient outcomes. The rapidly changing landscape of treatment options for patients with genitourinary cancers makes it necessary for providers to discuss
and collaborate in a multidisciplinary care setting to provide optimal care.
This conference will focus on exploring clinical trials, cutting edge treatment options and help develop and facilitate collaborations to make advanced treatment options more accessible and widespread.
THIS FORUM WILL PROVIDE PARTICIPANTS WITH A PLATFORM TO DISCUSS RECENT ADVANCES IN GENITOURINARY CANCER, IN AN EFFORT TO STIMULATE COLLABORATIONS AMONG EXPERTS IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA REGION, AND MAKE WAY FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF NEW CLINICAL TRIALS.
FORUM HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
- Updates from key studies in genitourinary (GU) cancers
- Discussions around available clinical trials in Southern California
- Networking with key opinion leaders in prostate, bladder, kidney and testicular cancer
Medical oncologists, urologists and radiation oncologists with interests in genitourinary cancer.
- Define clinical trial opportunities for patients with genitourinary cancers in the Southern California region.
- Demonstrate understanding of best clinical practices for systemic therapy for genitourinary cancers.
- Outline best clinical practices for radiation and surgery for genitourinary cancers.
- Promote collaborations among investigators with interest in genitourinary cancers in Southern California.
- Discuss possible barriers and biases which may impact patient care (i.e., race, ethnicity, language, gender identity/orientation, age, socioeconomic status, attitudes, feelings, or other characteristics).
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM
WILL YOU JOIN US FOR THE
Inaugural Southern California
Genitourinary Cancer Research Forum?
Friday, March 1, 2024
Avenue of the Arts | Costa Mesa, CA
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact the Department of Continuing Medical Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.