2021 Nursing Research & Education Grand Rounds | Primary Care Provider, Patient and Oncologist Communication in Cancer Survivorship
There is a well-known and persistent communication gap between PCPs and Oncologists in cancer survivorship. This activity will explore knowledge and health care systems challenges that underly this communication gap and the potential solutions that individual patients, physicians and researchers can adopt, implement and evaluate to improve care of City of Hope and other cancer survivors. The reasons for the communication gap are multifactorial and poorly understood.
The activity content is oriented to address the educational needs of all oncologists and primary care physicians participating in the RO1 #19556 project.
- Communicate effectively regarding key areas of Colorectal and lung cancer survivor's care.
- Identify opportunities to improve communication between Primary Care Physician's and oncologists participating in RO1 #19556 project.
- Discuss opportunities for improvement in communication between Primary Care Physicians and oncologists.
- Outline the various types of cultural diversities (gender, age, race, religion, culture, etc.) that relate to demographics, diagnosis and treatment.
Virtual Meeting- Zoom
Marc Debay, MD, MPH, PhD Associate Professor; Director, Family Medicine Residency Program; University of California, School of Medicine
Dr. Debay has indicated he has nothing to disclose.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT: City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION: City of Hope designates this live webinar for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The following credit type(s) are being offered for this course:
• AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 1.0
The following may apply AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for license renewal:
Registered Nurses: Nurses may report up to 1.0 credit hours toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by their state Board of Registered Nurses (BRN). AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ may be noted on the license renewal application in lieu of a BRN provider number.
Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants states that AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited courses are acceptable for CME requirements for recertification.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
City of Hope designates this 2021 Nursing Research & Education Grand Rounds | Primary Care Provider, Patient and Oncologist Communication in Cancer Survivorship for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ requirements. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Attendance