2021 Pediatric Grand Rounds | Impact of Technical Advances in Orthopaedic Oncology
Reconstruction after resection of bone tumors remains challenging. Due to newer technologies and techniques, limb-salvage can be obtained in 90-95% of cases. This has allowed for the advancement of joint preservation surgery as well as the correction of limb-length discrepancies and deformities that can occur during the course of treatment. It is necessary to stay abreast of the impact of newer techniques in Orthopaedic Oncology including 3D printing, the use of magnetic lengthening nails, and bone transport nails. The purpose of this lecture is to update pediatric oncologists with technological advances that are on-going in orthopeadic oncology.
City of Hope Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Physicians, Advance Practice Practitioners, City of Hope staff and research teams.
- Distinguish which patients may qualify for newer surgical techniques.
- Integrate management of surgically-implanted foreign bodies in overall care of the admitted patient.
- Identify post-operative findings that warrant surgical involvement.
- Discuss advances in orthopeadic oncology and apply this knowledge to patient care.
- Outline the various types of cultural diversities (gender, age, race, religion, culture, etc.) that relate to demographics, diagnosis and treatment.
Virtual Meeting- Zoom
Lee Zuckerman, MD Associate Professor, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Surgery; City of Hope
Dr Zuckerman has indicated that he receives Grant/Research Support from Onkos Surgical, Inc.; is a Consultant for NuVasive Specialized Orthopedics, Inc.; and is On the Speakers Bureau for NuVasive Specialized Orthopedics, Inc.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT: City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION: City of Hope designates this live webinar for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The following credit type(s) are being offered for this course:
• AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 1.0
The following may apply AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for license renewal:
Registered Nurses: Nurses may report up to 1.0 credit hours toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by their state Board of Registered Nurses (BRN). AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ may be noted on the license renewal application in lieu of a BRN provider number.
Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants states that AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited courses are acceptable for CME requirements for recertification.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
City of Hope designates this 2021 Pediatric Grand Rounds | Impact of Technical Advances in Orthopaedic Oncology for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ requirements. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Attendance