MOCK Early Access Code Course
Proudly Presented by City of Hope & ISSPP
ISSPP Congress 2022 Overview
Scientific knowledge about peritoneal and pleural cancers is growing at a rapid pace. Novel technology, newer agents and innovative treatment approaches for cancers that involve peritoneum and pleura is evolving. The timely dissemination of leading-edge translational and clinical paradigms is lacking.
There exists a knowledge gap in the optimal regional strategies for the management of cancers that involve the peritoneum and pleura, as well as in the impact of standard of care therapy on pleural and peritoneal metastases. As a result, there is controversy amongst physicians in role of regional therapy in pleural and peritoneal cancers, as there is a lack of understanding of novel treatment paradigms in the management of pleural and peritoneal diseases.
Join the International Society for the Study of the Pleura and Peritoneum at the
PASÉA HOTEL & SPA in Huntington Beach, CA, USA on October 13-14, 2022!
CONGRESS HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Multidisciplinary approaches to colorectal, appendiceal, ovarian, gastric, and thoracic metastases
- Networking opportunities amongst clinicians, investigators and scientists across institutions and geographical borders
Physicians and allied health professionals, especially gynecologic oncologists, gastroenterology oncologists, surgical oncologists, surgeons, thoracic surgeons, thoracic oncologists and associated trainees.
- Demonstrate appropriate appraisal of preclinical, translational and clinical trials in peritoneal and pleural metastases.
- Examine the current evidence for various therapies and diagnostic modalities currently used to manage cancers involving pleura and peritoneum.
- Identify patients with peritoneal and pleural diseases appropriate for enrollment in regional therapy trials.
- Distinguish the differences in the IP/HIPEC/PIPAC procedures, indications and potential benefits including ability to identify patients who may benefit from regional therapy.
- Develop practical knowledge of surgical methodologies and innovations for the management of cancers involving pleura and peritoneum.
- Discuss possible barriers and biases which may impact patient care (i.e., race, ethnicity, language, gender identity/orientation, age, socioeconomic status, attitudes, feelings, or other characteristics).
Abstract Submissions for ISSPP 2022 Now Closed
This year, the 3rd Annual ISSPP Congress will take place on October 13-14, 2022, in Huntington Beach, California at the Paséa Hotel & Spa. The ISSPP Scientific Program will highlight high impact contributions to the management and investigation of pleural or peritoneal surface malignancies. The Scientific Program Committee invites you to submit your abstracts in this field via Call for Abstracts. The Committee encourages anyone who studies the primary and metastatic tumors that involve the pleura and peritoneum to submit their scientific work and contribute to making this the best meeting yet!
Abstract Submissions Closed: August 15, 2022, at 11:59 pm (GMT)
August 15, 2022
Selection Notifications via email
September 15, 2022
Abstracts Added to Online Schedule
Abstracts Published in Pleura and Peritoneum
October 13-14, 2022
Presentation at the Third Annual ISSPP Congress 2022
PASÉA HOTEL & SPA | Check-in: 4pm | Check-out: 11am
Room Block Rate:
Run of the House: $289 + Taxes and Fees/night
Early hotel reservation is suggested. Block rates are available on a first come, first served basis.
IMPORTANT: Only the night of October 14th is available at the Room Block Rate. Additional nights will need to be at the prevailing rate.
To secure the night of October 14th at the Room Block Rate and to secure additional nights, please call Paséa Reservations at (855) 622-2472, extension “1” for reservations, then extension “2” for group room reservations.
Mention that you are attending the City of Hope conference and that you would like secure the room block rate as available.
Rates reflected are per car, per day/night:
- Daily Valet Parking: $20
- Overnight Valet Parking: $35
There is no self-parking at the conference venue. Metered street and lot parking is available in area surrounding the conference venue.
|Conference Venue||Airports & Distance to Venue|
Paséa Hotel & Spa
21080 Pacific Coast Highway
|SNA (John Wayne Airport): 12 miles away|
|LGB (Long Beach Airport): 15 miles away|
|LAX (Los Angeles International Airport): 30 miles away|
|BUR (Burbank Airport): 55 miles away|
|ONT (Ontario International Airport): 59.5 miles away|
Co-Chairs and Faculty
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT: City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION: City of Hope designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The following credit type(s) are being offered for this course:
• AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 17.25
The following may apply AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for license renewal:
Registered Nurses: Nurses may report up to 17.25 credit hours toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by their state Board of Registered Nurses (BRN). AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ may be noted on the license renewal application in lieu of a BRN provider number.
Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants states that AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited courses are acceptable for CME requirements for recertification.
This activity has been planned and implemented in strict compliance with the accreditation requirements, standards, and policies of the ACCME. City of Hope takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
As an accredited CME provider City of Hope requires everyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any ineligible company. The ACCME defines "relevant financial relationships" as financial relationships in any amount, occurring within the past 24 months, that could create a conflict of interest, and an "ineligible company" as any entity producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Any potential conflicts relative to the previous disclosure have been resolved.
Written disclosure of all such relevant financial relationships will be provided in the activity handout and/or syllabus. Any potential conflicts relative to the previous disclosure have been resolved.
City of Hope further encourages faculty/ authors to identify investigational products or off-label uses of products regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, at first mention and where appropriate in the content.
The information and opinions presented in this activity do not constitute medical or legal advice. Health care providers must exercise their own professional judgment in their clinical practice, and when confronted with the issues discussed herein, should not substitute this curriculum for the advice of legal counsel or application of sound ethical principles.
- 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
City of Hope designates this MOCK Early Access Code Course for a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ requirements. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 17.25 Attendance
EXHIBITOR BOOTH REGISTRATIONS:
Exhibit space is available to companies interested in participating in this conference through exhibition, on a first-come first-served basis.
Exhibitor booth registrations cannot be processed online.
Please contact the Department of Continuing Medical Education in order to reserve exhibit space for this activity at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: You must be logged in to your account to complete your registration for the Third Annual ISSPP Congress 2022.
New Users: Complete steps 1 & 2 below, BUT please make note of the following:
National (U.S.) Participants: Enter your 10-digit mobile number
International Participants: The system does not support International Numbers, therefore, simply enter the first 10 digits of your number (not including the country code), to bypass the mobile number requirement
Existing Users: Complete step 2 below (if not already logged in)
- If you are visiting the City of Hope CME Site for the first time, you will need to first click on "Register" to create a New User Account
- Users with an Account in the City of Hope CME site can click on "Login" and complete the registration for the Third Annual ISSPP Congress 2022
Once Logged In:
Under "Registrant Type" dropdown (above) select your Registration Fee depending on your profession and click "Add to Cart". Follow the payment prompts.
You will receive an email confirmation once you are registered.
*Early Bird Registration Extended!
|Other Allied Health Care Provider||$250||$350|
|City of Hope Staff||$350||$350|
|**Industry/Commercial Employee Attendee||$2,250||$2,250|
IMPORTANT SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Providing a safe environment for all participants is our top priority. City of Hope will email all pre-registrants periodically with the newest and latest information regarding in-person health and safety protocols.
The following safeguards are currently in effect to help ensure everyone feels as safe as possible during live conferences:
- It is recommended that all participants be fully vaccinated .
- All participants will be required to follow CDC, County/State, and City of Hope guidelines.
- Masks should be worn correctly over your nose and mouth in all conference space areas.
- Hand sanitizer will be made readily available.
- Frequent cleaning of all conference areas.
- No food or eating will be allowed in the general session.
- Only pre-registered attendees will be allowed in the conference areas. No visitors (guests, friends or family), or walk in/same day registrations will be allowed.
- Conference badge must be worn at all times. If you misplace your badge you will not be able to enter the conference area due to the safety protocols in place.
By registering, you are agreeing to adhere to the safety protocols in place.
Registration Fee: Registration fee includes all conference sessions, CME Credit, conference meals, refreshment breaks and reception***
Cancellation Policy: Early Bird Registrations are nonrefundable. Refund requests must be submitted in writing and postmarked no later than September 13, 2022. A $50 processing fee will be applied for all refunds. Requests postmarked after Tuesday, September 13, 2022, will not be honored. All refunds will be processed 30 days after the meeting concludes. In the event of unforeseeable circumstances that lead to the cancellation by the conference organizers, all registration fees will be fully refunded.
For questions, contact the Department of Continuing Medical Education at email@example.com or 626-218-5622
*Early Bird Registrations are nonrefundable.
**Industry/Commercial Employee Attendee is defined as any individual employed by a for-profit, including biotech, financial and pharmaceutical.
***Registered attendee is invited to attend the Meet the Faculty Reception on Thursday, October 13, 2022, at 6:15pm. The reception is included in the cost of registration.