pathCast Lecture | Meconium and Nucleated Red Blood Cells: Markers of Intrauterine Stress
Pathologic diagnosis of intrauterine stress plays an important role in deciding management options for the patients. Placental examination can offer vital information. Histologic examination of the placenta can provide vital clues to prevent future fetal stress. Diagnosis of intrauterine stress is a challenge for the pathologists and it is important to learn how to examine placenta. Histology plays an important role in diagnosis of future fetal stress.
City of Hope pathologists, pathology fellows, and researchers.
- Examine markers of intrauterine stress.
- Utilize this knowledge to participate in multidisciplinary approach to management of fetal stress.
- Utilize this knowledge for future research.
- Discuss possible barriers and biases which may impact patient care (i.e., race, ethnicity, language, gender identity/orientation, age, socioeconomic status, attitudes, feelings, or other characteristics).
Virtual Meeting- Zoom
Theonia K. Boyd, MD Division Chief, Anatomic Pathology, Professor, Department of Pathology & Immunology; Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital
Dr. Boyd has indicated that she does not have anything to disclose.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT: City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION: City of Hope designates this live webinar for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The following credit type(s) are being offered for this course:
• AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 1.0
The following may apply AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for license renewal:
Registered Nurses: Nurses may report up to 1.0 credit hours toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by their state Board of Registered Nurses (BRN). AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ may be noted on the license renewal application in lieu of a BRN provider number.
Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants states that AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited courses are acceptable for CME requirements for recertification.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
City of Hope designates this pathCast Lecture | Meconium and Nucleated Red Blood Cells: Markers of Intrauterine Stress for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ requirements. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Attendance