pathCast Lecture | The Near Normal Liver Biopsy - A Diagnostic Approach
Interpreting liver biopsies is a challenge for the pathologists. It is important to find subtle changes in an otherwise histologically normal looking liver biopsy. This impacts proper diagnosis and deciding management options.
Liver biopsies can look histologically normal with very minor histologic changes. Proper histologic evaluation can help detect clues to unearth the etiology. This helps future patient management.
Pathologists, pathology residents/fellows, hepatologists, and researchers.
- Assess liver biopsies with minimal histologic alterations.
- Identify subtle histologic clues to diagnose liver diseases.
- Integrate and participate in a multidisciplinary approach in the management of liver diseases.
- Utilize the acquired knowledge for future research related to liver diseases.
- Discuss possible barriers and biases which may impact patient care (i.e., race, ethnicity, language, gender identity/orientation, age, socioeconomic status, attitudes, feelings, or other characteristics).
Emma E. Furth, MD Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania; Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
Presenter: Dr. Furth has indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships.
Planner: Dr. Rifat Mannan has indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships.
This presentation and/or comments will provide a balanced, non-promotional, and evidence-based approach to all diagnostic, therapeutic and/or research related content.
CME Committee/Reviewer no relevant financial relationships: Daneng Li, MD
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT: City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION: City of Hope designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The following credit type(s) are being offered for this course:
• AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 1.0
The following may apply AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for license renewal:
Registered Nurses: Nurses may report up to 1.0 credit hours toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by their state Board of Registered Nurses (BRN). AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ may be noted on the license renewal application in lieu of a BRN provider number.
Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants states that AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited courses are acceptable for CME requirements for recertification.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
City of Hope designates this pathCast Lecture | The Near Normal Liver Biopsy - A Diagnostic Approach for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ requirements. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Attendance