The Story of Cancer Genetics and Its Application to Clinical Care: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
Cancer genetics is relatively new in medicine. It is a field that is evolving continuously, therefore, it is difficult to keep up to date. There are newer tests and ways to identify and treat cancer more effectively. There is a lack of understanding of cancer genetics. Our AccessHope clinical operations team procures medical records and this knowledge would help to better ask the right questions. The AccessHope physicians also provide diagnosis and treatment recommendations based on genetic testing. With this knowledge, the clinical operations team at AccessHope will be able to more efficiently support our clients.
AccessHope physicians, nurses, and patient navigators.
- Identify the landscape of somatic and germline testing.
- Outline testing platforms and their limitations.
- Describe the implications of the results for the patient, the provider, and the payer.
- Discuss new developments on the horizon.
- Outline the various types of cultural diversities (gender, age, race, religion, culture, etc.) that relate to demographics, diagnosis and treatment.
Virtual Meeting- Zoom
Afsaneh Barzi, MD, PhD Associate Clinical Professor, GI Oncology, City of Hope; Clinical Director, AccessHope
Dr Barzi has indicated that she is a Consultant for Bayer, Cardiff Oncology, Daiichi, and Seattle Genetics.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT: City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION: City of Hope designates this live webinar for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The following credit type(s) are being offered for this course:
• AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 1.0
The following may apply AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for license renewal:
Registered Nurses: Nurses may report up to 1.0 credit hours toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by their state Board of Registered Nurses (BRN). AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ may be noted on the license renewal application in lieu of a BRN provider number.
Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants states that AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited courses are acceptable for CME requirements for recertification.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
City of Hope designates this The Story of Cancer Genetics and Its Application to Clinical Care: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ requirements. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Attendance