Surviving Breast Cancer – The Scope of the Problem
Currently there are 3.5 million Breast Cancer Survivors who are adjusting to physical and psychosocial changes after cancer treatment. Cancer treatment can cause side effects such as bone loss and pelvic floor disorder, infertility, pain and neuropathy, and premature menopause.
It is important for clinicians to be able to treat and help manage these side effects so that patients achieve a quality of life and discover a new normal after cancer treatment.
Internists, family practitioners, gynecologists, and oncologists.
- Describe and manage side effects of breast cancer treatment.
- Outline treatment options for breast cancer survivors with pelvic floor disorder.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT: City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION: City of Hope designates this enduring for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The following credit type(s) are being offered for this course:
• AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 0.5
The following may apply AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for license renewal:
Registered Nurses: Nurses may report up to 0.5 credit hours toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by their state Board of Registered Nurses (BRN). AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ may be noted on the license renewal application in lieu of a BRN provider number.
Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants states that AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited courses are acceptable for CME requirements for recertification.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
City of Hope designates this Surviving Breast Cancer – The Scope of the Problem for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ requirements. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 Attendance
If you have not completed the Activity Evaluation:
- Click on "Start Activity" below.
- Complete & Submit the Evaluation, which is required for credit.
- Download your certificate.
If you just completed & submitted the Evaluation:
- You are done with this activity!
- Click on the "Home" tab on the blue bar at the top.