Symptom Management Series | Cognitive Rehabilitation at City of Hope
Many NPs are not "specialty" trained so oncologic symptoms can be complex. Also, the area of oncology is rapidly advancing with targeted medications, new surgical procedures, and complex therapies such as CAR-T that can bring on new symptoms. The APPs had a needs assessment done in July 2021. Symptom management expertise and triaging of symptoms were gaps identified in the needs assessment.
The activity content is oriented to address the educational needs of all Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) and all other health care professionals interested in this subject matter.
- Assess the patient with the targeted symptom.
- Discuss the risk factors for the targeted symptom.
- Outline possible interventions for the targeted symptom.
- Integrate information on the targeted symptom and apply to the specific population of practice.
- Discuss possible barriers and biases which may impact patient care (i.e., race, ethnicity, language, gender identity/orientation, age, socioeconomic status, attitudes, feelings, or other characteristics).
Virtual Meeting- Zoom
Brittany Bradford, AC-NP Advanced Practice Provider, Medical Oncology; City of Hope
Sherry Hite, MOT, OTR/L Director, Rehabilitation Services; City of Hope
Karla Wilson, RN, MSN, FNP-C CPON Nurse Practitioner for Childhood and AYA Cancer Survivorship Program; City of Hope
Leana Chien, MSN, RN, GCNS-BC, GNP-BC Nurse Practitioner; City of Hope
Brittany Bradford, Sherry Hite, Karla Wilson, and Leana Chien have all indicated they have nothing to disclose.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT: City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION: City of Hope designates this live webinar for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The following credit type(s) are being offered for this course:
• AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 1.0
The following may apply AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for license renewal:
Registered Nurses: Nurses may report up to 1.0 credit hours toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by their state Board of Registered Nurses (BRN). AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ may be noted on the license renewal application in lieu of a BRN provider number.
Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants states that AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited courses are acceptable for CME requirements for recertification.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
City of Hope designates this Symptom Management Series | Cognitive Rehabilitation at City of Hope for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ requirements. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Attendance