Testing the $- MOCK Multidisciplinary Approaches to Cancer Symposium
Each year, the American Cancer Society estimates the number of new cancer cases and deaths that will occur in the United States. A total of 1.8 million new cancer cases diagnosed and 606,520 cancer deaths are projected to occur in the United States in 2020. Because they are so diverse in their individual biology, clinical course management of many of these cancers is increasingly difficult, constantly evolving and fraught with controversy. In this environment, it has become much more difficult and complicated for those involved in the care of cancer patients to remain current in best practice for each of the many tumor types that constitute “CANCER”. This year, our faculty will profile and discuss the clinical and technical advances, promising clinical trials data, national guidelines and key controversies in the management of breast, lung, prostate, colorectal, liver, gastric and brain cancer, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, as well as dermatologic and gynecologic malignancies. Through cutting-edge lectures, case discussion and interactive question and answer sessions, this intensive two and half day program will provide participants with an enhanced ability to interpret and apply these best treatment options into their individual cancer practices.
Internists, family practitioners, gynecologists, general surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, hematologists, gastroenterologists, urologists, dermatologists, supportive/palliative care specialists and all other allied health care professionals interested in the subject matter.
- Describe the dermatologic toxicities related to cancer treatment.
- Assess the utilization of therapeutic options for those diagnosed with brain tumors and oligometastatic disease.
- Identify optimal techniques in the treatment of gynecologic and prostate cancers.
- Describe updates in the treatment of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.
- Implement treatment strategies for the management of breast cancer.
- Outline the role of genomic profiling of patients diagnosed with cancer.
- Assess new data on therapeutic options available for patients diagnosed with gastric and esophageal cancer.
- Select optimal treatment sequencing options for lung cancer.
- Discuss end of life care and alternative supportive care methods for the management of pain.
- Advise on cancer prevention, sexual health and survivorship related issues.
- Discuss various therapeutic techniques for the management of colorectal cancer liver metastases and management of patients with oligometastatic disease.
Room Block Rate:
$269 + Taxes and Fees/night
Room Block Rate Ends:
Early hotel reservation is suggested. Block rates are available on a first-come, first-served basis or until August 14, 2020.
Over the Phone:
Paséa Reservations at (866) 478-9702, extension “1” for reservations, then extension “2” for wedding and event reservations and mention "City of Hope Conference"
SNA (John Wayne, Santa Ana): 12 miles away
LGB (Long Beach): 15 miles away
LAX: (Los Angeles International Airport): 30 miles away
BUR: (Burbank) 55 miles away
City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
City of Hope designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the educational activity.
The following may apply AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for license renewal:
- Registered Nurses: Nurses may report up to 14.5 credit hours toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by their state Board of Registered Nurses (BRN). CME may be noted on the license renewal application in lieu of a BRN provider number.
- Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants states that AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited courses are acceptable for continuing medical education requirements for recertification.
- 14.50 ABS MOC
- 14.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
City of Hope designates this Testing the $- MOCK Multidisciplinary Approaches to Cancer Symposium for a maximum of 14.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ requirements. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 14.50 Attendance
Under "Registrant Type" dropdown (above) select your Registration Fee depending on your profession and click "Add to Cart". Follow the payment prompts. You will receive an email confirmation once you are registered.
*Early Bird Registration
(Before August 14, 2020)
(After August 14, 2020)
|Nurse/Other Allied Health Care Professional||$325||$400|
|City of Hope Physician/Staff||$0.92||$250|
|**Industry/Commercial Employee Attendee||$1,350||$1,350|
Registration Fee: Registration fee includes all conference sessions, credit, conference meals, refreshment breaks and reception****
Cancellation Policy: Early Bird Registrations are nonrefundable. Refund requests must be submitted in writing no later than Tuesday, September 15, 2020. All refunds will be processed will be processed 30 days after the meeting concludes. In the event of unforeseeable circumstances that lead to the cancellation by the conference organizers, all registration fees will be fully refunded.
For questions, contact the Department of Continuing Medical Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-218-5622
*Early Bird Registrations are nonrefundable.
**Industry/Commercial Employee Attendee is defined as any individual employed by a for-profit, including biotech, financial and pharmaceutical.
***Guest Meals (for guest of registrant) are nonrefundable.
****Registered attendee and one guest (21 years or older) are invited to attend the Meet the Faculty Reception on Friday, October 16, 2020, at 6:45pm. The reception is included in the cost of registration for registered attendee and one guest.