What Should I Look for When Screening for Breast Cancer?
Breast Cancer is the second most common cancer. Early detection can possibly reduce the spread of cancer impacting a patient's survival rate. There exists are a multitude of available breast cancer screenings, using the appropriate one or combination of screenings can make an efficient use of a patient's most critical time.
Internists, family practitioners, gynecologists, and oncologists.
- Outline Breast Cancer screening guidelines.
- Identify key patient demographic at high risk for breast cancer.
- Outline the various types of cultural diversities (gender, age, race, religion, culture, etc.) that relate to demographics, diagnosis and treatment.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT: City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION: City of Hope designates this enduring for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The following credit type(s) are being offered for this course:
• AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 0.5
The following may apply AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for license renewal:
Registered Nurses: Nurses may report up to 0.5 credit hours toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by their state Board of Registered Nurses (BRN). AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ may be noted on the license renewal application in lieu of a BRN provider number.
Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants states that AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited courses are acceptable for CME requirements for recertification.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
City of Hope designates this What Should I Look for When Screening for Breast Cancer? for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ requirements. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 Attendance
If you have not completed the Activity Evaluation:
- Click on "Start Activity" below.
- Complete & Submit the Evaluation, which is required for credit.
- Download your certificate.
If you just completed & submitted the Evaluation:
- You are done with this activity!
- Click on the "Home" tab on the blue bar at the top.