First U.S. PIPAC Training Workshop
Proudly Presented by City of Hope & ISSPP
First U.S. PIPAC Training Workshop Overview
Pressurized intraperitoneal aerosolized chemotherapy (PIPAC) is a novel therapy for patients with peritoneal metastases from gastrointestinal (GI) and ovarian cancers. Few effective treatment options exist for these patients. PIPAC is administered at time of diagnostic laparoscopy and requires certification of surgical oncologists through a PIPAC training course, with quality assurance overseen by the International Society for the Study of Pleura and Peritoneum (ISSPP). No training course has taken place in the U.S. to date, and this will be the first PIPAC training course in America.
PIPAC is a promising novel therapy to address peritoneal metastases of GI and ovarian cancer patients. As this is a novel therapy in the U.S., this is the first U.S. PIPAC training course to train and certify a practitioner to administer this therapy.
WORKSHOP HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Didactics addressing the concept, outlining occupational health measures, demonstrating safety steps and identifying equipment needed to perform PIPAC procedures
- Dry Lab simulation
- Course Exam and Certification
This educational training workshop is directed toward surgical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, fellows-in-training, medical oncologists, and other medical personnel interested in assisting with pressurized intraperitoneal aerosolized chemotherapy care (pharmacists, anesthesiologists, operating room registered nurses).
- Discuss the concept and rationale of pressurized intraperitoneal aerosolized chemotherapy (PIPAC) for patients with peritoneal metastases.
- Outline steps to ensure occupational health measures during PIPAC procedures.
- Demonstrate safety steps during PIPAC procedures.
- Identify equipment needed to perform PIPAC procedures.
How to Obtain Your Certificate:
The First U.S. PIPAC Training Workshop is intended to train and certify practitioners to administer Pressurized intraperitoneal aerosolized chemotherapy (PIPAC)
In order to complete this workshop, each participant must engage and complete the following:
- Didactic Lectures with Q&A
- Dry Lab Simulation with Q&A
- Course Exam
Two separate certifications will be available:
- Upon completion of the in-person workshop requirements (lectures, dry lab simulation, course exam and course evaluation).
- Upon on-site visit at an Expert Center for a Live PIPAC Surgery.
Workshop participants will receive a voucher for a future on-site visit at an Expert Center for a Live PIPAC Surgery.
It is the responsibility of the participant to set up and fulfill the on-site visit for a Live PIPAC Surgery at an Expert Center within 1 year of completing the training workshop (by October 12, 2023).
PASÉA HOTEL & SPA | Check-in: 4pm | Check-out: 11am
Room Block Rate:
Run of the House: $289 + Taxes and Fees/night
Early hotel reservation is suggested. Block rates are available on a first come, first served basis.
IMPORTANT: Only the night of 10/14th is available at the Room Block Rate. Additional nights will need to be at the prevailing rate.
To secure the night of October 14th at the Room Block Rate and to secure additional nights, please call Paséa Reservations at (855) 622-2472, extension “1” for reservations, then extension “2” for group room reservations.
Mention that you are attending the City of Hope conference and that you would like secure the room block rate as available.
Rates reflected are per car, per day/night:
- Daily Valet Parking: $20
- Overnight Valet Parking: $35
There is no self-parking at the conference venue. Metered street and lot parking is available in area surrounding the conference venue.
|Conference Venue||Airports & Distance to Venue|
Paséa Hotel & Spa
21080 Pacific Coast Highway
|SNA (John Wayne Airport): 12 miles away|
|LGB (Long Beach Airport): 15 miles away|
|LAX (Los Angeles International Airport): 30 miles away|
|BUR (Burbank Airport): 55 miles away|
|ONT (Ontario International Airport): 59.5 miles away|
Co-Chairs and Faculty
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT: City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION: City of Hope designates this live activity for a maximum of 9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The following credit type(s) are being offered for this course:
• AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 9.5
The following may apply AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for license renewal:
Registered Nurses: Nurses may report up to 9.5 credit hours toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by their state Board of Registered Nurses (BRN). AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ may be noted on the license renewal application in lieu of a BRN provider number.
Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants states that AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited courses are acceptable for CME requirements for recertification.
This activity has been planned and implemented in strict compliance with the accreditation requirements, standards, and policies of the ACCME. City of Hope takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
As an accredited CME provider City of Hope requires everyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any ineligible company. The ACCME defines "relevant financial relationships" as financial relationships in any amount, occurring within the past 24 months, that could create a conflict of interest, and an "ineligible company" as any entity producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Any potential conflicts relative to the previous disclosure have been resolved.
Written disclosure of all such relevant financial relationships will be provided in the activity handout and/or syllabus. Any potential conflicts relative to the previous disclosure have been resolved.
City of Hope further encourages faculty/ authors to identify investigational products or off-label uses of products regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, at first mention and where appropriate in the content.
The information and opinions presented in this activity do not constitute medical or legal advice. Health care providers must exercise their own professional judgment in their clinical practice, and when confronted with the issues discussed herein, should not substitute this curriculum for the advice of legal counsel or application of sound ethical principles.
- 9.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™City of Hope is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
City of Hope designates this First U.S. PIPAC Training Workshop for a maximum of 9.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ requirements. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 9.50 Attendance
IMPORTANT: You must be logged in to your account to complete your registration for the First U.S. PIPAC Training Workshop.
New Users: Complete steps 1 & 2 below, BUT please make note of the following:
National (U.S.) Participants: Enter your 10-digit mobile number
International Participants: The system does not support International Numbers, therefore, simply enter the first 10 digits of your number (not including the country code), to bypass the mobile number requirement
Existing Users: Complete step 2 below (if not already logged in)
- If you are visiting the City of Hope CME Site for the first time, you will need to first click on "Register" to create a New User Account
- Users with an Account in the City of Hope CME site can click on "Login" and complete the registration for the First U.S. PIPAC Training Workshop
Once Logged In:
Under "Registrant Type" dropdown (above) select your Registration Fee depending on your profession and click "Add to Cart". Follow the payment prompts.
You will receive a sign up confirmation email once you are registered for the course.
|City of Hope Staff||$300|
IMPORTANT SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Providing a safe environment for all participants is our top priority. City of Hope will email all pre-registrants periodically with the newest and latest information regarding in-person health and safety protocols.
The following safeguards are currently in effect to help ensure everyone feels as safe as possible during live conferences:
- It is recommended that all participants be fully vaccinated .
- All participants will be required to follow CDC, County/State, and City of Hope guidelines.
- Masks should be worn correctly over your nose and mouth in all conference space areas.
- Masks will be required during the Dry Lab Simulation
- Hand sanitizer will be made readily available.
- Frequent cleaning of all conference areas.
- No food or eating will be allowed in the general session.
- Only pre-registered attendees will be allowed in the conference areas. No visitors (guests, friends or family), or walk in/same day registrations will be allowed.
- Conference badge must be worn at all times. If you misplace your badge you will not be able to enter the conference area due to the safety protocols in place.
By registering, you are agreeing to adhere to the safety protocols in place.
Registration Fee: Registration fee includes all training workshop sessions (including Dry Lab simulation), CME Credit, conference meals, and refreshment breaks
Cancellation Policy: Refund requests must be submitted in writing and postmarked no later than September 13, 2022. A $50 processing fee will be applied for all refunds. Requests postmarked after Tuesday, September 13, 2022, will not be honored. All refunds will be processed 30 days after the meeting concludes. In the event of unforeseeable circumstances that lead to the cancellation by the conference organizers, all registration fees will be fully refunded. Please Note: Combo Rates include an Early Bird rate for the Third Annual ISSPP Congress 2022. Early bird registrations are non-refundable.
- No on-site registrations
- No visitors will be permitted in the conference area